It’s that time of year where the flowers are at their most beautiful. In England we get so much rain that when its sunny and dry, it’s time to make the most of it, in every way possible!
Below is a beautiful rose garden I found in a chapel whilst I was having a wander around, aptly named The Cloister part of St Johns Square Chapel and St Johns museum.
I instantly felt so relaxed in the tranquil surroundings which can be hard to find in London, I also feel with our stop-start weather that the new blue Fifi Chachnil cardigan is the perfect attire to wear in this weather!
Teamed with some LA sunglasses (I think I actually bought them from Forever 21 but they do a fab job of pretending to be designer!) and I’m happy as can be in my rose garden.
Where is your favourite place to relax this summer? I would love to know xxx
It’s not often you see a natural meadow these days but when you do it is a sight to behold. This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to visit my mummy in the Wiltshire countryside (and my daddy too!) so I made the most of it with long walks, fresh farm food and a lovely visit to Frome, a sleepy but very artistic town full of vintage stores and exquisite items!
My mum explained that the town has many hand-crafted stores, and I simply couldn’t get enough (I posted some videos on my Instagram of the beauties!) and we spent hours pottering around and eating locally sourced salads and tea. There is nothing like spending good quality time with your family and appreciating the small pleasures in life, being in London can be so busy so walking through the locks and meadows is very tranquil and calming.
When I found the meadow of buttercups I couldn’t resist taking some photos, wearing Topshop pink check trousers and Fifi Chachnil angora cardigan (my favourite!)
I would love to hear what your plans for relaxing are now the nights are getting longer, lighter and brighter, A xxx
Theres nothing like the beauty of springtime, especially in somewhere as beautiful as Cornwall.
Fast forward a few weeks from the crazy world of L.A (which if I’m honest I found very hard to adjust to) and I’m so happy to be back home with all my loved ones.
I am currently in Cornwall and loving every minute of it! I have been eating home made pasties (naughty I know), going for long walks in fields of bluebells and I even went to a local horse race yesterday!
Naturally I wanted to compliment this relaxed country theme by wearing something comfortable but pretty- welcome Laura Ashley’s summer collection.
In various floral prints and sweet chintz their current range of dresses, blouses and skirts are stunning. They also look quite vintage and are made of the most beautiful cotton and chiffons. Here are some photos of my favourite, the halter swirl dress- it even has deep pockets which come very in handy!
Ellen von unwerth is the queen. Fact. I have always had a soft spot for glamour. There’s something alluring about the tease and the enticement of femininity. And Ellen’s photos ooze all that and more.
The first time I saw ellen Von Unwerths work was in a Milan airport advertising a lingerie shop . Indeed the advertisement oozed so much popping beauty I instantly went in to the store determined to acquire some of this lingerie. To my dismay the garments were a little on the polyester paradise side but I was instantly sold on Ellen and her work.
So imagine my delight and surprise when I heard of the launch of her new book and exhibiton at Taschen. I immediately whipped down in an Uber and was in instant heaven.
Here are my top 5 reasons to see this iconic photographers work now.
1. Sauce. No I’m not talking about sludges of toffee fudge or extra strawberry. I’m talking about the pure beauty of the naked form. She brings out the exquisitely feminine and even though there is nakedness on display it is tasteful, and done with a storyline in mind. Which brings me to my next one.
2. Narrative. Whether is a maid with a red glossy pout or girls in lederhosen having fun, her work always has an amazing storyline, with many threads running throughout the series.
3. Innuendos. Who doesn’t love a suggestive sausage or a peek of naughty stockings?
Her images are always sleek and chic whilst being totally playful and fun at the same time.
4. She was a model and knows how to make her girls look good! She always captures her subjects in their best light, highlighting their best features and
5. Her exhibition is also an accumulation of a book. Ellen’s exhibiton takes a long time to curate, hence the beauty, playful diversity, feminine narrative that makes all of the images in the exhibiton acutely definitive of her work. But if you can’t make the exhibition you can also purchase her new book